Warranty terms and conditions
The Cougartron machine range are premium devices for professional use. Cougartron warrants that your machine is free from manufacturing and material defects upon delivery as described in these warranty terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to make changes to these warranty terms and conditions without prior notice.
Cougartron machines have a limited one-year warranty after the purchase date.
By registering the machine within 30 days of purchase you will obtain an additional one-year warranty bringing the total warranty period to two years from the date of purchase. You can register your Cougartron machine here.
The warranty is machine and customer dependent and each machine must be registered separately. Registration and extended warranty cannot be transferred to a person or company other than the original purchaser with Cougartron or Cougartron authorized reseller.
The warranty covers
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship on the Cougartron machine. The warranty does not cover parts (including wear and tear items, use materials and similar) bought separately.
If a defect is discovered within the warranty period Cougartron will
1) repair your machine free of charge,
2) exchange it to a non-defective machine of similar quality and age (or better), or if repair or exchange is not possible
3) offer to refund all or part of the purchase price (depending on the age of the machine and expected lifetime under normal use conditions).
Cougartron reserve the right to choose between 1)-3) exclusively.
Any shipping expenses to the appointed repair location shall be paid by the customer.
To keep your warranty valid the machine must only be used, maintained and operated in compliance with Cougartron safety and operating instructions.
Any defect must be noticed to Cougartron without undue delay and the customer shall, if a defect is discovered, discontinue any use of the machine that may cause damage to the machine or surroundings or further deterioration of the machine due to the defect.
Any warranty claim must be submitted to Cougartron within the warranty period or, if applicable, the extended warranty period.
Failure to comply with these conditions will void the warranty by Cougartron.
The warranty does not cover
- Any damage caused by misuse, neglect in usage or maintenance, accidents, exposure to extreme temperatures, acids, water, unsuitable storage, excessive impact or transport damages.
- Defects caused by spare parts, accessories or components other than Cougartron original spare parts or accessories.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Wear and tear items such as: brushes, wands, shrouds, handles, earth clamps or power cables.
- Machines that have been: modified, repaired or repair attempts (by other than Cougartron authorized service), partly or completely disassembled machines.
- Accessories, case, product samples and/or Cougartron campaign products are not covered by the warranty.
- Any other defect which cannot reasonably be ascribed to the materials or workmanship of the manufacturing of the Cougartron machine.
- Any compensations for downtime, production loss, loss of revenue, injuries or property damages.
Repairs under the warranty in the warranty or extended warranty period do not lengthen or renew the warranty period of the machine, but parts repaired/replaced by a Cougartron authorized service center under the warranty carries by itself a 3 months warranty from the date of repair/replacement even if this 3 month period lapse later than the original warranty period.
Law and venue
These warranty terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Denmark, excluding the law and decree on the international sale of goods or any choice of law or venue regulation that may point to the use of law or venue in another country than Denmark.
Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or in connection with these warranty terms and conditions, or in any way related to the subject matter hereof, including, but not limited to, any and all claims relating to the product, its construction, any warranty with respect thereto, or any purported defects in such product, shall be settled by the courts of Denmark and at the venue of the court of the domicile of Cougartron.
Submitting a warranty claim
To submit a warranty claim:
If you purchased the machine via Cougartron dealer in your area – contact your local dealer to submit the warranty claim.
Machines returned for warranty repair must be accompanied by a valid purchase receipt or invoice.
For repairs during the additional warranty period, the machine must be accompanied by a valid receipt or invoice and proof of extended warranty.
Terms and conditions application
These warranty terms and conditions, version 2.0, apply from the 11th of January 2022 and will be valid until Cougartron makes any changes to the warranty terms and conditions available on the Cougartron website.