Introducing MK612 – New marking machine for larger metal surfaces
Introducing Cougartron MK612
Electrochemical marking is one of the most convenient methods of marking metal parts, tools, and components.
This being said, one of the few challenges associated with this process is achieving high color consistency when producing larger markings.
Well, this has been the case until now.
When it comes to smaller markings, our flagship machine – Cougartron MK12 – has traditionally delivered outstanding results. And it still does.
However, the development of our new marking machine – the MK612 – has completely changed the game in regards to the production of larger markings.
Here is how.
Variable voltage technology
– The key to effectively marking larger surfaces.
Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional metalworker, you certainly understand the importance of achieving uniform marking results.
The lack of color consistency disturbs the overall impression of your work. This applies to the size of the markings as well as the thickness of the lines within your design.
The use of single-voltage machines provides excellent results when it comes to smaller and simpler markings. However, this approach is generally inadequate for designs incorporating larger areas of solid color.
This is where the benefits of MK612 – our new marking machine – come to the fore.
Its innovative variable-voltage technology gives you the ability to produce markings that are completely uniform in their color – regardless of the thickness of the lines and the size of the surface.
Your job is to just reduce the voltage (anywhere from 12V to 6V) and mark confidently without worrying about the discoloration and other consistency issues.
Simply put, the MK612 is a difference-maker when it comes to more demanding projects. However, this does not mean that uniform and consistent results on smaller surfaces cannot be achieved by using the Cougartron MK12 machine or our weld cleaner marking kit.
If you are in doubt as to which of these solutions is most suitable for your production, you can always contact us for advice.
Combine MK612 with vinyl stencils
One of the most important recommendations for using the MK612 machine is to use it together with vinyl stencils when marking larger surfaces.
Vinyl stencils allow you to mark on the metal surface directly rather than through a paper/nylon substrate.
Here are the results you can expect:
Please note: We do not supply customized vinyl stencils, but most local printing companies can easily produce them for you.
For more information on how to properly use this type of stencils, click here to read our detailed guide.
What can be found inside the guide?
- How to prepare the surface for marking
- How to use the vinyl stencil correctly
- How to operate the MK612 machine and utilize its consumables
You can also watch our demo video with vinyl stencil marking using the MK612 machine below:
But what are some of the other benefits of using this machine?
Advantages of using the MK612
These are the advantages of the MK612 Machine we would particularly like to emphasize:
- Innovative variable-voltage technology gives you the ability to mark larger and smaller surfaces – without losing color consistency.
- The machine is lightweight and portable – ideal for both off- and on-site work.
- Fast and safe performance – marking fluids pose no threat to your health (refer to the MSDS – safety data sheets for each fluid here)
- With the MK612, you can mark logos, serial numbers, product names, dates, and any other information related to your production.
- Suitable for all conductive metal surfaces – stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, brass, copper, zinc, titanium, etc..
- Simple to use – even for first-time users
- Equipped with timer settings for a more precise workflow
Need more information?
If you would like to know more about the MK612 and how it compares to our other marking equipment, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Please wait while the form loads.
MK612 Marking Machine & related products
Please wait while the products load.